Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend ramblings

We had a pretty uneventful weekend around here. Don worked on the Lambuth softball fields all weekend so he was gone pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday. Poor thing is feeling pretty yucky with some sort of sinus junk so he has tried to stay far away from Miss Ellie in case it is something contagious. We have had visitors every weekend since Ellie was born. Peeps and De De had to come and get their "Ellie fix" since it had been almost 2 weeks since they had seen her. They swear she has grown at least 3 inches in length and that her head is bigger! I love that she is a growing girl. It is harder for me to tell that she is growing since I am with her all day, but she is starting to fit into 3 month clothes and her newborn sized sleepers are definitely getting too small. I can't believe she is growing out of her clothes already! We have also recently started putting her in size 1 diapers. They are a little big, but the newborns were getting too tight around her chunky little thighs:). Don's grandmother or "Mammie" and his aunt Blythe and her husband Eric and son Parker also came to visit. We dressed Ellie up in a sweet little dress and can you believe...I did not get one single picture! How dare me! I did break out the video camera and get some footage of Ellie on her activity mat. She just cooed and rambled and kicked her little legs like crazy. I love how she is becoming more active and fun. Little Miss will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. This time is just flying by. My maternity leave will be over before I know it:( I am thinking about getting her out next week after she turns 6 weeks old. The NICU told us 8 weeks, but I am ready to break out the new stroller and start walking this baby weight off! Speaking of stroller, I ordered the stroller that matches her carseat and it came in last week. Don got it put together and can we say CUTE!! We also are going to try the transition to her crib at 6 weeks as well. I don't know why I think 6 weeks is the magic number, I guess it just seems like 1 more week will be good before I have to prepare myself for a couple of sleepless nights. I can just see myself staring at the video monitor all night long making sure she is breathing. I know she will be fine but it just scares me a little to move her to her big girl bed! Her room is right next door to our bedroom so it's not like she is far, but I am still apprehensive. Wish us luck! I have been brushing up on Baby Wise so I'll be more prepared for what to do when she starts crying and such. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment