Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5 Weeks and Cradle Cap


Ellie is 5 weeks old today! I can hardly believe it. She is growing like a weed and changing everyday. Tonight I caught her holding onto her paci and bringing it up to her mouth. She didn't quite make it, but she tried! My baby is SO SMART (humor me, ok?)! We have gotten settled into a pretty good routine and she is sucking down 4 oz. bottles. We may have to start adding more formula to her bottles. It just seems like she can't get enough. Dr. Amy assured me we weren't over feeding her, so I guess we are doing everything right. I am anxious to see how much she weighs now. It will be 3 weeks on Thursday since we were at the doc and she was weighed. I bet she's up to 10 lbs. by now!


On another note, I think our sweet girl may have "cradle cap". We noticed she was losing her hair on the top which I thought was normal, but now she's pretty much bald on top with lots of hair still left on the side and in the back. I googled this "cradle cap" and it seemed like many babies get it. Basically it's dry flaky skin that we can treat by using baby oil then shampooing and rubbing off with a wash cloth. It's no big deal and has nothing to do with hygiene or how often we are bathing her, but I hate that she has lost so much of her hair on top. She kind of looks like a balding old man...but much cuter of course!! You can probably see what I am talking about in her 5 week picture. I know it will grow back with time so unntil then we will do what we can with the baby oil routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment