Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is Don's 29th birthday.  I can't believe he was 22 when we met and I was 21.  We were just babies!!  This is the oldest picture I could find quickly off of my computer.  This was almost 5 years ago!
I am so thankful for him everyday.  In our short 21 months of marriage...we have endured many trials and tribulations but I really think each experience has strengthened our relationship.  I love him more today than I did on our wedding day.  He always reminds me that everything is going to be okay and keeps me calm and sane.  That's what I love about him most!
Four months after we were married and I found out I was pregnant, he took the news like a champ while I was silently panicking on the inside.  When Ellie was born so sick, he never missed a beat.  He jumped right in to Daddy mode and helped me cope with one of the hardest weeks ever.
He works SO hard and is pretty much exhausted all of the time.  He never gets angry or mad when I complain about his sleeping!  (well, he might be frustrated on the inside, but he never lets me know it!)  He is so patient and puts up with a lot.


Here is Ellie handing him his cards this morning.  She didn't want to give that paper up!


He is really trying to help her crawl.  She was worn out!  This crawling thing is hard work!

I am proud to call him my husband and Ellie's Daddy.  Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! Great husbands and daddy's make life so much better. Happy Birthday Don!

    ReplyDelete