Wednesday, October 27, 2010

9 months



NINE months...can you believe it?  I sure can't!  We scheduled her 1 year doctors appointment yesterday.  I wanted to cry!



So what has our big girl been up to?  Well, I have yet to mention on here that she is crawling up a storm!  She is everywhere and into everything.  We definitely cannot take our eyes off of this big girl now!  She is pulling up on the coffee table and the hearth (brick...yikes!) in the living room.  We definitely have begun the baby proofing process!
She still has her 2 little bottom teeth and I think the top two are working on pushing through as well.  She is sleeping 12 hours a night...like a dream!  Still napping twice a day and taking 3-8ounce bottles with oatmeal, yogurt and baby food in between.  Dr. Amy also said I could start introducing table foods in to her diet if I wanted.  So far the only "real food"  she has had are mashed potatoes, bites of a roll or bread, shredded 2 % cheese and a few bites of a baked potato.  I am not going to rush in to this too much, I don't want to mess her little tummy up!  She still loves her puffs, yogurt melts and baby mum mum's.



She moved up to the "Babies 2" room in the nursery last week since she is mobile, and I think she is having a blast!  The nursery workers are so sweet and really love on the babies in there.  She even sat at the table and ate Cheerios!  I had never fed her Cheerios myself, so I was a little uneasy hearing they had fed them to her but it seemed to be okay.  After all, Cheerios were the original "Puffs"!  She is still in a Pampers Baby Dry size 3 (we are moving on to "Cruisers" soon) and still in 9 months clothes.  She seems to be growing out of her PJ's the fastest because of the length.  Our girl is TALL!  Here are the stats:

Weight:  21 lbs. 2 oz. (75%)
Length: 29 1/2 inches (95%)
Head:  441/2 cm (50%)

It seems that she is really tapering off in the growth department.  She consistently stayed in the 90-95% in all areas until this visit.  I am happy with the growth still, don't get me wrong!  


Ellie loves books!  She wants to "read them herself" most of the time, though!  We have been given 5 or 6 Halloween books and have been reading them daily.  I love that she's loving books!




We are now busy getting ready for a Baby Dedication and the holidays.  I am so excited.  And I know I still have 3 months, but there are all sorts of "visions of a first birthday party" dancing in my head!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment