Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Baby Names


I decided to finally participate in Kelly's Korner "Show Us Your Life" Baby Names today.

Choosing a name for our baby girl was NOT easy. I had a boy name picked out (of course!) but when I found out we were having a girl I could not make up my mind! Don came up with a short list and so did I. I wanted her name to be something we both loved and agreed on. I came up with Caroline. I LOVE this name. It is classy, traditional, and it will never go out of style. Don came up with Ellie. I went to high school with a girl named Ellie (although I think she was named Eleanor and called Ellie for short). I will admit it took me some time to fall in love with Ellie. It quickly grew on me and I really liked it because it started with an E (like my name) and that it wasn't Ella, or Emma. Those names are EVERYWHERE! We toyed around with a few middle names but finally decided why not use Caroline for the middle name. That way we were both happy! So, our sweet baby girl's name is...


ELLIE CAROLINE


Don has already started asking me if I am ready for baby #2. HA HA HA HA HA HA! That's just funny to me. He obviously didn't carry our last one for 9 months or give birth! I am still recovering from baby #1! I know he is just dying for a boy. He is the last male Pitt to carry on the family name, so no pressure, we have to have a boy! I guess we will just keep going until he gets his son (that makes me hurt just thinking about it). Like I said above, before we knew we were having a girl, I had a boy name picked out. I was just sure Ellie was going to be a boy! Don has 2 middle names. He is Donald (his paternal grandfather) Leon Pierce Pitt. Leon and Pierce are also family names. I love Pierce. I think it is different and classic as well. I know he would be a "double P" name-- Pierce Pitt, but I think it sounds kinda cute! The name Kevin for Don's father who passed away will most definitely be in our son's name whether it is his first or middle name. I think there is no better way to honor him than name our son after him. I only wish he could have met his grandchildren! So, for now when we have our little boy, he could possibly be named:

KEVIN PIERCE

or

PIERCE KEVIN

2 comments:

  1. I like the name Pierce! Cute for a baby boy, but sophisticated for a man. It's funny that Don is already thinking about baby #2. Boys are so different than us. It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of two finer men to name a baby boy after!

    ReplyDelete