Sunday, December 18, 2011

Supper with Santa/Eating with the Elves/Dinner with friends

I love a catchy title.  And I love to have people over!  Last year, we had a big "Breakfast with Santa" party that was TONS of fun and TONS of work.  With Ellie's birthday just a month after Christmas...it about did me in.  This year, my goal is low key and NO stress for the next month if I can help it.  HA, we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I couldn't let the season go by and not do anything so I decided last minute to have a couple of friends over for dinner.  Or "Supper with Santa".  Or "Eating with the Elves."  Whatever you want to call it.

Santa is not Ellie's favorite this year so we decided to forego him making an appearance.  I tried to get Aunt Jenny to dress up as an elf for the kiddos but I don't think she was too into it:)  We still kind of went with an Elf on the Shelf theme and it was lots of fun!  Ginger, Elfis, and Walter even showed up and delivered gifts.  They were so excited to see a hand-written note from their elves!


And yes, we touch Ginger.  She's still magical in our house:)

On the menu:  Holiday pork tenderloin, green bean bundles, roasted potatoes and sister schubert rolls.  I was sweating in the kitchen from a 400 degree oven being on all night so sadly there are no pictures of the food.  I went easy on dessert...

They played, and played and played...till 9:30!  They were all wound up and were hard to put to bed.  I am just glad everyone stayed late and had a good time!




The party got kind of wild later on...Ellie ended up with 2 boys in her bed.  She couldn't believe it!


It was a great night spent with even greater friends!

1 comment:

  1. She is SO cute!! Looks like a great time. Merry Christmas to your sweet family! :)

    ReplyDelete