Monday, April 26, 2010

Dinner Dates

I feel like all we did this weekend was eat! We have some great friends around here and 2 different couples invited us over for dinner this weekend. Friday night, we went over to the Murphy's for a Mexican Fiesta! When we walked in, they surprised Ellie with the cutest little onesie that said "Ellie's First Fiesta". It was so cute because their 2 month old little boy Elam, had one that matched! Wes Murphy's mom is very talented and does monogramming and appliques, so she made these for our babies. That was so sweet and thoughtful of them! She also is working on a few other little onesies for Ellie this summer. Here are a few that she has finished for us so far!


She even made one for baby Ali! I was able to stop by and see them again on Sunday and give it to Brooke. It was nice seeing them again:)

Saturday we braved all of the crazy weather and had a nice relaxing day at home. Daddy was home all day with us (which is a big deal around here:) so we decided to put the Exersaucer together. Ellie is still a little too small for it, but I bet in another month or 2, she will be all over the place in that thing! Saturday night we ate with Leigh and Cole (and baby Will!) and had a great time as usual. Cole grilled everything under the sun and we left STUFFED! Ellie had another pretty bad spit up episode while we were there so I called the Pediatrician this morning and just waiting to hear back. Poor baby I just feel so bad when that happens:(


Sunday morning we went to church and then I headed to Memphis for Rachel's first wedding shower! I can't believe my little brother is getting married. It just doesn't seem real! She got lots of great stuff and everything was so nice. I had to rush back to Jackson after the shower for ANOTHER dinner date! We met Karen, Matti, Stacy, Ally, Keely, Mark, Velvet and Macy for dinner at Asahi for Matti's 10th birthday! I cannot believe she is 10! Matti and Ally were the flower girls in our wedding and they are so sweet.

They are just growing up toooooo fast:( We had a great time visiting with all of them and once again ate too much.

I told our friends that we owe all of them dinner at our house next. I am thinking maybe a summertime Shrimp Boil??? I thought that sounded fun for this summer. Too bad all of these fun dinner dates aren't helping with this baby weight. We leave for the beach in a month...I've got to do something!

We once again had a great weekend. This weekend is Cathy's wedding! It is going to be a blast I just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment