Tuesday, April 27, 2010

13 week old Reflux Baby


So I finally heard back from the doctor's office and they squeezed us in for a weight check this afternoon. I guess the reasoning behind the weight check was to make sure all of this spit up wasn't causing her to lost weight. HA! My baby is still gaining! 14 lbs., 1 oz. She's now up 1 lb. 9 oz. from one month ago at her 2 month check up.

She does however have reflux...just as I thought. So we now are on Zantac twice a day and will go back next week to be checked out again to make sure it's working. I am glad we have an answer to this. I told Don last night I was really starting to get tired of dealing with pee and constant spit up (when I said this she had just wet through her diaper and outfit and onto her swing cushion...poor thing. This equaled taking the swing apart to remove the cushion and the 3rd load of laundry for the day!) I know she cannot help it, it was just getting to be a lot to keep up with and I could tell she was getting uncomfortable. She has been a little fussy and coughing a lot, which is all from the reflux. So pray this Zantac helps! Oh, and let me just say I LOVE Dr. Amy. She is so great. She even gave us 6 cans of Enfamil AR powder formula. Thank you Dr. Amy!!!


She's taking a goooooood nap now and I have a report that is due, but I wanted to update while it was fresh on my mind!


Oh--I almost forgot! Today Ellie is 13 weeks old! She is such a happy girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment