Sunday, January 29, 2012

Barney Birthday Bash

Yesterday was Ellie's big party!  First of all, I just have to say how much it meant to us to have so many people come from all over to attend her party.  We had people from Memphis, Brownsville, Dyer, Henderson, Selmer and Greenfield all under one roof.  We really appreciate people making the effort to drive all this way to celebrate with us!!

Here is the big TWO year old!! Thank you to DeDe for the pants and Mrs. Marilyn for our Barney shirt!

When I discovered Fliparoo Gym, I was sold immediately!  It is kind of like Jackson's version of The Little Gym.  I really didn't want to have 40 people crammed into my house, and I wanted the kids to be able to run wild, eat lots of sugar, and pass out on their way home.  I think we can call that part of the party a huge success:)

Since Ellie is still obsessed with Barney, we went with a purple and green Barney party.  My child would LOVE something that is hard to find.  Thank goodness for Amazon, Ebay and Etsy, otherwise we would have been in trouble.  We had the party at lunch time (in hopes of good naps after!) so we served Chick-fil-a nuggets, fruit, PB&J's, and crackers/chips.  I did the whole fancy cake thing last year so this year we just had cupcakes.  I loved not having to worry about cutting a cake.  I was told they tasted pretty good, too!  Tammy, the owner of Fliparoo entertained the kids and let them have full reign over the gym. There was a trampoline, balance beam, bars, and mats to jump on.  I think they all had a great time!  The parachute was also a big hit.

We had a balloon artist come and make balloon sculptures and paint faces.  I thought this was a fun touch and something everyone enjoyed.  These people also do magic shows and dress as clowns.  We will definitely be calling them again in the future!

Now on to the pictures!




DeDe and I spent last Saturday making these Barney suckers.  We had fun doing it!

DeDe also made the cute party hats!


Here is the balloon lady.  Her clown name is "Nurse Periwinkle" because she is a retired nurse.

The birthday girl got her own personal BARNEY balloon.  She was thrilled!




Having fun, and running wild!



What time is it? It's time for lunch and cake! Ellie got a little bashful when everyone started singing.  She may be our shy little one!





I think the party was a hit!  I cannot believe my baby is TWO!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great party! Hannah loves Barney too. You did a great job in finding all of the Barney stuff. It can be hard to come by these days. Everything looks just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find her Barney outfit? I am trying to find one for my daughters birthday.

    ReplyDelete