Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Last year I did a whole 2010 in a nutshell post...but I hate to say I don't think that's happening this year.

I do think I wrote something about hoping 2011 would be uneventful...HA! All I can do is laugh about that:)

2011 was FAR from uneventful, but we made it through with smiles on our faces.  It has been a fun, busy, stressful at times, and interesting year.  Ellie has grown, learned, and blossomed into such a sweet and funny little girl that keeps us on our toes at all times.  Don is continuing to teach and coach at the high school level, and I am still plugging away at my current work-at-home position.
All in all, we don't have much to complain about and LOTS to be thankful for.

We rang in the new year in Memphis this year.  If I learned one thing this weekend...it is that I am OLD!  You can tell we are in bed by 10 at our house every night:)  I was ready for bed as soon as the guitar dropped!

We started off our New Years festivities by taking Ellie to the Children's Museum of Memphis.  She had a blast!  We were pretty bummed because they closed at noon due to the Liberty Bowl but we squeezed in as much as we could in our short time there.

We fished, grocery shopped (cleaning out the produce aisle!), built with blocks and so much more!




After the CMOM, we left Don at the Liberty Bowl (it's kind of his NYE tradition now) and DeDe, Ellie and I headed to Chick-fil-a and do to some shopping for a big 2nd birthday party that's coming up!

Ellie also got to spend some time with Granny and Grandonna and had a big time!  They bought some play food and a shopping basket for her and she was in heaven.  Play food is a big favorite of hers right now.

Later that night, we headed downtown for the Tiger basketball game.  I was so glad Ellie was able to wear her "Little Memphis Princess" dress one more time!

She begged to see Pouncer, but wasn't so sure by the time we made it down there!


We ended our NYE with dinner at the Majestic Grille and a carriage ride downtown.  Matt and Rachel let us crash at their house and Rachel made breakfast enchiladas covered in Pancho's cheese dip Sunday morning.  Don was in heaven!

Here's to a new year, full of fun and adventure!

I'm not even going to hope for uneventful...that's just not how we roll!

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog..so cute! Your daughter is very cute too :)

    ReplyDelete