Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Ellie!

Ellie,

Tomorrow you will be TWO years old.  How in the world did that happen?  I thought the first  year of your life flew by, but I really think this last year went even faster!


You are so sweet, funny, polite, smart, and loving.  You are everything I dreamed and imagined my little girl would be.  I still have those days where I look at you and cannot believe that you are mine!  You have such sweet manners and you thank me all day long for anything and everything.  Every time you say "thank you Mommy, thank you" I feel like I should be saying "THANK YOU" for being YOU and for letting me be YOUR mommy!

Even though your actual birthday didn't play out how I had hoped, I am thankful those days are long gone.  You'd never know that you got off to a pretty rough start!  You have grown, blossomed and matured into such a sweet little 2 year old and I am so proud of you!  I cannot wait to see how you grow in this next year.  You are just such a joy!

3 months...

You can be shy at times, and you can be bossy at times.  You can also be a tad dramatic when you want to be:)  You tend to be a mommy's girl but boy when Daddy is around he rules the world!

6 months...

Luckily, you have been rather healthy!  You have had an ear infection and a case of croup this year, but so far that's it!  I am so thankful for a healthy, happy girl.

9 months...

You are so easy going and content 90% of the time.  You love to play babies, tea party, kitchen, doll house, and you still LOVE Barney.  You have also been eating more recently and branching out to a few new foods!


You are just a little parrot and you talk constantly.  You even have a southern "twang" and it is hilarious!  You say right "thayer", my chAir, red is RAYed, bed is BAYed...SO funny!  You sleep from 8 pm-7 am and you take a great afternoon nap after lunch...usually 2.5- 3 hours.

18 months...


You can count to 12, you know your ABC's and you know all of your primary colors and shapes!  You are just a little sponge soaking in new information daily.


You LOVE school and ask for a hug and a kiss each morning at drop off.  You seem so big when you wave bye to me and don't ever look back.  I am so glad you enjoy school because I know how good it is for you.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!  We love you more than you will ever know!


2 comments: