Friday, August 20, 2010

Teeth are not our friend!

It seems that this week our family has endured lots of teeth/dental issues.  I have pretty much diagnosed little E as a full blown teething baby.  I could be totally wrong...but I am really trusting my instincts on this one.  She has not been herself all week, and has really enjoyed using all of her little teething gadgets.
Don has endured some dental work this week as well.  I don't think I mentioned this in my wedding post, but he SWALLOWED his front tooth (it was a fake implant) at the rehearsal dinner the night before my brother's wedding.  Needless to say, we were at the dentist the morning of the wedding having a temporary replacement put in.  There was NO way he was going to be in all of those wedding pictures toothless!  It is funny now, but I was really sick to my stomach that night when it happened.  Poor thing, he has the worst luck sometimes!  Well long story short, the temporary tooth came loose and he was taking it out at night to keep from swallowing tooth #2 until he could get to the dentist.  One night At 3 am, he woke me up in a panic looking for the tooth.  It was NOWHERE to be found.  The only thing we can come up with is that Minnie got a hold of it and ate it.  So he has been walking around school and football camp for 2+ weeks toothless and finally had a little bit of time yesterday to get the first stage of this "tooth reconstruction" taken care of.  I guess I didn't realize the extent of what was going to happen yesterday, because it ended up being pretty major oral surgery!  He called me while I was picking up Ellie from MDO and said he was at home in bed and asked if I would go pick up his prescription from Walgreens.  He was pitiful!  I felt so bad because he had really made it out to be something minor when in fact he described it as worse than wisdom teeth.  He will have to heal for 2 weeks and then go back and have more work done and the new tooth put in.  I have to admit, we enjoyed having him home yesterday even under the circumstances.   I hope all of my babies are on the mend and will be back to themselves soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment