Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mommy Brain

I have a serious case of "mommy brain", and I'll be the first to admit it.  I lose my phone and keys at least 5 times a day.  I'll walk into a room to do something and immediately forget what I went in there for.  Last summer, at 12 weeks preggo, I had pregnancy brain and we missed our flight to Hawaii because I looked at the arrival time instead of departure time!  I will have to say, that was not completely my fault.  My travelling partner (AKA my husband) never even bothered to look at the our flight and trip itinerary so....it could have probably been avoided, but it's all ok now:)

It took me an entire week to pack and plan for all of us to head an hour up the interstate to Memphis for Matt's wedding.  I was so proud of myself for planning ahead and being organized until we got to  my parents house and I realized I forgot one of the most important baby items...BOTTLES!  How could I forget bottles?  Don't worry, because she had 400 outfits, 500 diapers, 25 books and toys galore, but I forgot bottles!  My child had to eat!  Good thing my mom has back up at her house and Don was coming the next day so he could bring them, but seriously?  I am at a loss.  People swear up and down that they asked me to do something or told me about so and so and I have no recollection of it whatsoever.  This drives me INSANE!  I used to think I was pretty "with it" and had it together, but now with a 6 month in tow...you can pretty much forget it!  I just hope it will eventually get better.  I don't like this  feeling at all!




But I will have to say...she is worth it!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. HaHa!!! Well guess it is here to stay..I am a victim of Mommy brain too =)

    ReplyDelete