Sunday, March 11, 2012

The week from...(an update!)

Okay, maybe I am being a little dramatic.  This week wasn't THAT bad.  We just have a lot going on right now. What else is new?  Bless you if you make it through this post.  I am afraid it is going to be entirely too long and boring for most.

Sunday, Ellie and I packed up and headed to DeDe's house so that I could work in Memphis Monday.  Thankfully Granny and Grandonna were able to babysit so I could work!  THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Unfortunately, I got to the school at 7 am Monday morning and she cancelled on me.  Total bummer, but I understood.  It happens.  I just wish she had known what all I had been through to get to her school on time on a Monday morning!  Thankfully I was able to reschedule another appointment and use my time wisely.  I was also able to pick up a pair of Easter shoes for Ellie and a dress for me and run into my new found grocery store (ALDI) while I was in town.  SCORE!

Ellie stayed so I wouldn't be hauling her up and down I-40 ten times that week because I had to work in Bradford Monday night.  Once I got home, I managed to fix a pot of chili for us that we ate before we had to hit the road (again).  My meeting that night went great!  No cancellations, a great turnout, and a nice car ride with Don.  (I am curious how many miles I've piled on my company car this month).

Tuesday, I drove back to Memphis eaaaaaaaarly so I could work.  I got there at 7:15 and didn't start working until 9am.  Don't even get me started!  I am convinced MCS are going to be the death of me.  The rest of the day went fine, the kids were great and the counselor was very appreciative.  So, it wasn't all that bad.

I ran through to get Ellie on my way home.  She was acting fine but definitely fussier than she has been in a long time.  Her tummy issues had reappeared and she had been pulling at her ear.  (Great).  We rushed out of my parents house and made it to Jackson.  Thankfully E slept the whole way home.  Don came home right when we did and Ellie LOST it.  She was crying uncontrollably, irritable, and just not herself at all.  We were all almost in tears from exhaustion and frustration and finally made the decision to take her into our convenient care clinic.  I left our half cooked dinner on the counter and we rushed out the door.

Of course, It was packed.  Thankfully, they have a snack bar, kids play area, tons of magazines, laptops to rent and a 24 seat movie theatre.  Guess what movie they were playing...Tangled!  This made our THREE HOUR wait much more bearable.

Cherry slushies make any sick girl feel better, too!
 We left without any more real answers on her tummy...and a double ear infection.  Poor baby.

Wednesday I had to be BACK in Memphis for a quick trip.  It all went well and I was home at a descent time.  I was able to finish up some work and play with Ellie before her nap.

I promise I am not kidding when I say this. The MINUTE I sat down to breathe for a second, I checked my phone.  I had 8 missed calls from Don and a text from our real estate agent.  I knew exactly what was happening...our first showing!  I had noticed a couple of cars that were stopping and not going anywhere earlier that afternoon.  I just thought they were just stopped to read over our flyer.  OH NO...they wanted to come in and come in right then!  I panicked.  My sick baby was finally napping, I hadn't been home all week and hour house was in NO shape for a showing on no notice.

Thankfully Don was able to come right home and help clean.  We told the people (who were in our driveway ready to come in) that they had to come back in a couple hours.  There was no way they were coming in without giving me some time to straighten up.  So, we kicked them out and ran around like mad people shoving stuff in the dryer and in our "emergency clean up tub" to make the house look presentable.  We were once again tired, in tears (me) and sweating by the time it was all over.  Don took us out to eat because cooking just wasn't going to happen after all of that chaos!  We are still waiting to hear back, so we will see!  Trying not to get our hopes up but having a showing is progress!

Thursday was a good day! Don worked in Greenfield that night and E and I stayed home to rest.  We both needed it!  She was already feeling so much better that morning.

Friday night at dinner Ellie insisted on having her own corn on the cob.  She even ate broccoli!  We were seriously so proud.  This is huge for her!

Saturday, we decided to end our craziest week ever on a good note...with a trip to the zoo!  I think this was Ellie's best trip yet.  She is really into all of the animals and LOVED riding in her wagon.

And yes, If you noticed the wardrobe change, we had a little accident and had to change in the middle of Teton Trek.  I was just so thankful I threw in a change of clothes last minute. Never a dull moment!

We kept 10 of the most energetic little two-year-olds in the nursery this morning and had lunch with our friend Will and his parents after church.

Now...we rest!
Here's to a slightly less chaotic week this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment