Thursday, May 19, 2011

What's going on?

You don't even want to know...HA!

Kidding aside, we've had a lot going on.  Don is taking 16 hours of classes to complete his teaching certification to hopefully open up more job opportunities for next school year.  This means that he is in class, M-F from 4:30-9:30 for the whole month of May.  We are hoping June term won't be so demanding so please keep your fingers crossed for us!
On top of that, he is working part-time for the city of Jackson and observing PE classes at a local elementary school.  So yes, life is a tad bit crazy right now but he is doing so well and I am so proud of him!

Since the school year is coming to a close, my work has slowed down a little bit.  I am still out in the schools a few days a week and thankful more and more everyday for my job and its flexibility:)  I swear if I had a regular 9-5 office job, I would have gone crazy a looooong time ago!

And finally, in princess Ellie news...she is just plugging right along!  We did have a little set back this weekend...she ran a constant fever for over 48 hours that peaked at 103.1 and landed us at Physicians Quality Care.  Thankfully it's just a bad case of Bronchitis and the steroids and antibiotics seem to be helping.  

She is still loving MDO and does so well there.  Miss Stephanie told me today that she pointed to a statue at the church and said "JESUS"!  We've been singing Jesus Loves Me for a while now, but I had no idea she had picked up on it so quickly.  Next Tuesday is her last regular day of MDO before Summer term starts.  I can't believe she's already made it through her first year of "school"!  Her sweet teachers even made us this frame full of pictures from the school year.  SOOO sweet!


I have been a terrible photographer lately.  I know...gasp!  It just hasn't been on the agenda lately.  I hope to get better soon.  I have managed to capture a few pretty cute shots on my phone though.

The other night while I was trying to finish dinner, I pulled out a few pots and pans and let her go to town.  This bought me about 5 minutes of time before the novelty wore off.  Five minutes was pretty good!


 Her other new thing is coloring.  She is OBSESSED with pens, markers, highlighters and crayons.  She has to have one in hand at all times.  I have to say, she holds that pen pretty well for a little 15 month old!  Here she was helping Daddy with his homework.

So, that's our life in a nutshell right now.  Nothing too exciting but we are all hanging in there taking everything one day at a time.  We are looking forward to a MUCH needed beach vaca in July.  I am counting down the days already!

No comments:

Post a Comment