Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day and the weekend...

What a weekend!  Wedding season has officially begun, we only have 6 more to go this summer!  I am TOO old for all of those shenanigans, but we had a great time.  Don's cousin Jim tied the knot so we stayed pretty busy all weekend getting ready for his big day.

They were married in the beautiful Lambuth chapel and it was a little bittersweet for me.  That campus is so pretty, and so was the wedding.  The reception was pretty fun too:)

While we were busy with wedding stuff, Ellie was being spoiled in B-town with Peeps and DeDe.  I know she wore them out and we appreciate them keeping her so much.  

My parents drove Ellie back to Jackson for us today and we got to spend a little bit of time with them while they were here. She even managed to talk them in to buying a lawn chair and sand/water table.  Our backyard is now summer ready!
  Becoming a mother has made me appreciate my mom SO much more.  All of the worrying, stress, tears, and joy that I feel on a daily basis make me think of how I must have made my mother feel all those years.  I am so thankful for her wisdom, guidance and most of all support during these last 15 months.  I could not have done it without her!  I know we all think our mothers are awesome...but mine is pretty much a parenting genius.  (Yes, I said it...ha!)  To me, she really does know everything and I value her opinion so much.  The only thing we may disagree on is Ellie's closet.  She thinks she has too many clothes.  I say, NEVER!

I know deep down inside my parents are giggling and thinking "payback" when Ellie starts throwing a fit or slamming her sippy cup onto the floor.  Grandparents get to laugh and think it's cute while I sweat and worry about who is staring me down and judging my parenting skills! Thankfully this is just a stage and it will be over before I know it...I hope.

Here is a glimpse into my life right now...

And here is how we would all like for it to be...

Life with a toddler is never perfect, but I wouldn't trade mine for the world.  I am so thankful to be this little girl's mommy...fits, temper, and all!

1 comment: