Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Teacher treats

Ellie's MDO teachers have been SO sweet to us this year, so I wanted to make them a little "happy" to say thank you for such a great year!  It is always nice to know you are leaving your baby in good hands and that she is being loved on and well cared for.  I saw the idea of making homemade turtles on another blog and thought it sounded like a fairly easy and inexpensive treat to make!

Here is the recipe I used:
1 bag caramels
1 stick butter
3 cups pecans, chopped (I only used 2 and it was PLENTY!  Thanks, Peeps!)
2 large Hershey bars
1/4 stick parrafin (I left this out)

Melt butter, add caramels and melt.  Stir in pecans.  Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper.  Cool.  (I stuck mine in the freezer).  Melt Hershey bars and dip candy into chocolate.  Let cool.

This was before I dipped them in the chocolate.


I love wrapping treats and gifts up in cute packaging and found these cupcake boxes at Hobby Lobby.  I have a set of label tags for gifts, recipes, and dinners so I used those on each box.  I thought they turned out pretty cute!


Here is Ellie on her first day of MDO back in August:


And this morning on her last day.  She is SO BIG!

She will still be going to their Summer program once a week in June and July, but today was the end of the official "school year".  They have water days, bounce houses and all kinds of activities planned for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment