Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter treats


Last weekend was the Easter Eggstravaganza at church.  Since it was so cold and yucky, they decided to move it indoors.  Ellie was a hunting machine!  She got MAD if you tried to even lay a hand on her basket full of eggs.

  They read the Easter story, hunted eggs, made Easter baskets for hospital waiting rooms, and even had snacks!  DeDe and Peeps came along for the fun and even took us to lunch at Ellie's favorite spot...Chick- fil-a!


 I decided I wanted to get in the kitchen and bake up a few little Easter treats for Ellie's friends and teachers.  Let's just say...cake pop FAIL.


 Mine look like a kindergarten project.  They DO taste good, but I am no Bakerella.  DeDe also handed down all of her famous chocolate sucker molds so I could start making them for every holiday like she did for us when we were growing up.  Of course, every mold was in the bag BUT the bunnies.  Oh well!  I still found a "springy" mold and made a few chocolate butterflies, frogs and lady bugs.

 I even made chow mein "birds nests".  These were soooo easy.


I had a lot of fun doing it all!

Happy Good Friday, and Happy Easter!  We plan on doing a lot of traveling and visiting with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment