Monday, February 28, 2011

On the mend...

**This is just so I will's not too interesting, just FYI!

And I can't post without any pictures, so here's one for the fam!

Ellie is LOVING her babies lately.  She holds, pats and "loves" on them constantly!

Since I last posted, we have been to the doctor twice to get Ellie's coughing/breathing under control. The first time we didn't see Dr. Amy because she was out of town so we saw the on call doctor.  She made me feel crazy and said Ellie just had a cold and to give her Tylenol and run the humidifier (which by the way, I was already doing both).  A few days later, she was much worse so I made another appointment with Dr. Amy.  Sure enough, she was wheezing and she immediately started her on a nebulizer breathing treatment.

I cannot even go in to detail how horrible that experience was.  Ellie acted like her legs were being cut off and that she was being tied down in a torture chamber.  I felt like I was in one myself!  They just flip the switch on the machine, hand you the mask, and say good luck!  It was awful.  I am sure everyone in the lobby could hear her screaming.  We left with Albuterol syrup and an antibiotic.  Thank goodness for that syrup because I seriously could not endure going through another one of those breathing treatments.  Thankfully, Ellie is much better, 6 days later.

We had a big weekend and she stayed up WAY past her bedtime Saturday.  She felt hot to me after we got home and was running a fever of 101.  This is big for her, she has never run a fever, ever.  I gave her Tylenol and hoped for the best.  She did not sleep at all Saturday night, so we stayed home from church again yesterday.  Poor thing just can't catch a break!  She woke up fever free yesterday but still refused to sleep.  We finally put her in the car and drove around so she could rest.

Hallelujah, last night she slept ALL night!  I woke up quite a few times to check on her because she seriously did not make a peep and it worried me.  That Albuterol is no joke.  Don thinks she may have been coming off of all of the meds and that was why she wasn't sleeping or eating well.  It was so hard to see her fussy and SO tired.  Thankfully, she is on the mend and I am making sure she gets back on her regular sleeping/eating schedule today.

No comments:

Post a Comment