Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baby Brother

I am starting to believe all of the myths about the "poor second child" that I have heard in the past.  It's true, there's just not as much time in the day to devote to dreaming up nursery ideas and filling closets with way more clothes than they'll ever need.


Now, don't get me wrong...this child will NOT go naked, crib-less or hungry.  It's just SO much different this time around!  Yes, we are doing another nursery.  And yes, I have already started shopping for sweet little boy blue bedding and john-johns.  There's just this one little obstacle that seems to be my hold up...and that would be BIG SIS!

She is SO excited about her brother.  She kisses my stomach and talks about him daily.  I feel bad I haven't really talked much about this pregnancy on the blog because I don't want to forget anything.  It is flying by and I have felt really good pretty much the whole time.  So I am going to step out of my comfort zone and post my first ever "bump pic"!  This is sooooo not me.  I love reading others updates and seeing their pictures, but I have never been big on them of myself.  I am trying to embrace it all this time, so here we go!

Baby Brother:  21 weeks


How far along?  21 Weeks
Size of baby? 14 oz, about the length of a carrot
Total weight gain? 1.8 pounds
Maternity clothes?  Not really, only when I want to be comfortable.  I have started shopping for some!
Sleep?  I am always so tired by bedtime that I am sleeping pretty well.  Just the usual middle of the night potty break.
Gender?  BOY!
Movement?  Constant!  He is a little wiggle worm!
Food cravings/aversions?  COLD fruit.  I have been all about some peaches, pineapples, and oranges these days.
What I miss?  Nothing really.  Maybe being able to take Advil?  Ha!
Moment of the week?  A healthy report at the doctor and another ultrasound!

2 comments:

  1. You look so good! I wasn't ever into taking my baby bump pic either, I can totally relate. Poor second child. All Naomi for was hand me down clothes. Haha.
    It definitely goes by faster than the first since you've got a toddler to take care of and aren't just daydreaming of the baby.
    Enjoy it all now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful, i am a loyal follower of your blog and instagram ever since i saw how cute/adorable you dress your babyGirl! i really enjoy reading your blog and looking trough your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete