Monday, February 27, 2012

Sickies

Well, it was bound to happen.  I've actually been told we are lucky.  Ellie is 25 months old and has her first stomach virus.  Poor, sweet girl.

I don't do throw up well.  I actually wanted to myself while scrubbing the carpet, rinsing the sheets, and disinfecting the crib.  But I didn't.  I survived!  And my sweet girl has been such a trooper.  I am sure I scared her with my panicky self chasing her around with a bowl trying to "catch" any of it I could.  (Sorry, TMI).  Two year old's don't really grasp the concept of "aim" or "warning" if you catch my drift.  




I really think this may have been God's way of telling us to SLOW DOWN.  We've had lots of road trips, car naps, and overall busy-ness the last few days.  A day at home is just what we needed, so I cancelled my appointments and we are home watching Belle, Nemo, and Barney while grocery shopping and playing dress up.

Thanks to Daddy for jumping up in the middle of the night with me and calming us both down.  He said he wasn't sure who cried more...me or Ellie. Typical:)

  He also made Gatorade runs, helped with laundry and did lots of cuddling. So thankful!!

So glad she's on the mend now!

Having a sick baby is so hard!  We are lucky it doesn't happen very often around here.

I need to get back to Lysol-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment