Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Day and the day after

Hopefully I will be able to finish up the last of our Christmas summaries with this post!






Christmas morning started with us rolling out of bed at 8:30 to be at my grandmother's house by 9.  This would explain why I look so beautiful  in all of the pictures!  This was the first year we had ever celebrated on Christmas morning, and it was a lot of fun!  I did feel rushed to get to our next destination which I hated.  Next year we plan to be at home on Christmas morning so we will be able to spend more time with everyone.  We draw names at Granny's which makes it nice.  I drew my mom and Don drew Rachel so they were easy to shop for! Granny and Grandonna gave us our gifts back in October (hello, Canon Rebel!) and let's just say it has barely left my side since!  I love it.





After breakfast and gifts, we packed up everything and headed to Greenfield to celebrate with Don's side!  They have a large group too, and play dirty Santa.  This was only my second year to experience a Blackman Christmas...they are too funny!






Lastly, we made a stop at Maw Maw's (Don's mom) so Ellie could open up her presents there.  Boy did she rack up!  We need a bigger house after this Christmas!








We finally made it home around 8:30 that night after an extremely long, but wonderful two days.  We put Ellie to bed and Don and I finally had some time to relax and exchange our gifts with each other.  We were exhausted and decided to play hookie from church the next morning.  Miss E needed a day at home!  Sunday night Mammie, Blythe, Eric and Jana came over for one last round of festivities.  We ordered pizza and had potato soup and Ellie got more great goodies!  We will be reading 5 books a day for a month to get through all of her new books she received this year.  This girl loves books!





All I can say is wow!  Our baby is so blessed and loved.  It was a wonderful Christmas, definitely one we will never forget.

Shew, I am tired just re-living all of that craziness!


1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Would have appreciated that you clarify that we were wearing ugly Christmas attire in our picture as I am the one standing in the beautiful corduroy dress on the end for all to see! Thanks so much! haha!!
    Happy New Year to you all!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete