Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Growing up...


Today Ellie has made it to 20 weeks old.  She is no longer in the teens!  These weeks just come and go in a flash.  Some days I feel like she was just born, but in some ways it's like she's been here forever.  The irony to all of this is that before I know it, she WILL be a teenager and we WILL be shipping her off to college.

I hate to admit this, but I now know how my parents felt all those years.  I cannot imagine the worry they felt so many times as they let me drive by myself for the first time, or my first prom, or when I got sick, or when they sent me off to Europe when I was barely 16.  I don't think I could do it!  But on the other hand, I want E to be a strong, independent, confident young woman.  I also want her to have everything and more than I did growing up.  I want her to have many friends that she will be able to call anytime or count on for anything.  I want her to join a sorority (if she wants to) because I loved that part of my college life and made many lifelong friends by doing so.  I hope she finds a sweet, loving husband that is good to her like her daddy is to us. I want her to always strive to do her best and to treat others the way she would like to be treated.

I got to thinking a lot this afternoon about all of my great memories because I had a sweet friend Kim and her baby, Elam stop by.  They brought Ellie this cute panda onesie in honor of our future little AOII:)
And since I am in the mood to reminisce, here are a few old photos of my college days at LU.

                                           AOII's at an LU basketball game:
                                                              
                                                  Fred and Wilma on Halloween!
                                              
                                   Us before Rose Ball in 2005
       ( I don't think either of us had a clue what our lives would be like 5 years later!)
                                                
My college graduation May 2005


I guess I am also feeling a little sentimental today because not only did she turn 20 weeks, but she ROLLED OVER and I MISSED IT!  We are together 24/7 and I feel like I don't miss a thing she does all day, but today I walked over to the mirror to brush my hair while she was laying on a blanket in the living room floor. When I came back in I was shocked to see she was on her tummy!

My baby is growing up right before my eyes.  I better enjoy it all now.  And don't worry, I won't miss that roll over next time.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Rolling! Libby still refuses to do it because she Hates her tummy!! I'm so impressed that you get these weekly shots the way that you do!!

    ReplyDelete