Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day


I really hope Don had a good 1st Father's day.  Poor thing had to work all day in this awful heat, so we decided to keep it low key and stay home.  I told him I would fix whatever he wanted, and he requested steak!  The only thing with steak was that he would have to do the grilling.  He said he didn't mind, so while he was working Ellie and I made a trip to Sam's to pick up some things.  We got some yummy ribeyes (his fav) and had baked potatoes and corn (2 more of his favs!).  I even attempted to make homemade ice cream for dessert.  Notice I said attempted.  I guess reading the directions to the ice cream freezer would have helped!  So we had it tonight instead.  It tasted just like Chick-fil-A Ice Dream to me, yum yum!  

For his gift, he got to take a mini golf vacation up to the Kentucky Lake to play golf on the Tennesseean.  I think he had fun and enjoyed a night with the guys.  He must have had a big time because he came home WORN OUT!  

I am so thankful for a hard working, sweet husband.  He does so much for us, no matter how much I may complain.  I may get frustrated when he is working late nights and weekends or if he comes home exhausted, but I have to keep reminding myself that he is doing it all for us, and for that I will never be able to thank him enough.

I can't forget my sweet Daddy or now "Peeps" and Don's dad, Mr. Kevin.  My dad never missed a beat while we were growing up, not even a single dance recital!!!  From what I have heard about Mr. Kevin, he was just as supportive, involved and loving as my Dad is.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about him and wish I could have known him.  I always wondered if Father's Day was hard for Don, but now I hope being a Daddy himself will only make this day special again.  

So thank you to all of our wonderful Daddy's and Grand Daddy's...we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment