Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ellie's Dance recital

Right after Ellie's 3rd birthday, I called around about putting her in dance lessons.  I fully expected for them to all tell me she had to wait until this Fall to start, but to my surprise the first studio I called said she could begin right away!

I hesitated at first but decided to take her to visitors day and check it out.  She hopped right in and took to it almost immediately!

On May 17, (4 days before my due date) her studio held their recital in McKenzie.  I was a nervous wreck that entire week before hand that I would go into labor and would miss the whole thing.  I knew there were plenty of people that could help get her dressed and ready, but it would have absolutely killed me if I had to miss it!  Thankfully Miller decided to wait and allowed me to be at his Big Sister's big night!


She looked so cute and did SO well!  She was by far the youngest in the class and had only been taking since February.  I was very impressed with how well she did for such a short time!  Their ballet routine was to the Elvis song, "Hula Baby" and their tap dance was to "Chicken Chow Mein".  Both were super cute and really funny to watch.  The baby class is always my favorite because they are so little and sweet.  I ordered the DVD and can't wait to see it.

Ellie was showered with flowers and gifts from the many friends and family that drove near and far to watch her dance.  They will never know how much it meant to us to have them there!


This picture will always be extra special to me because it is the last picture I have of just me and my girl before she became a big sister. Hard to believe Miller was born just 2 days later!  No wonder I was waddling the halls after the recital was over.  I am pretty convinced that night is what put me into labor.  HA!!

She is already asking about taking next year so I guess we will be making the weekly trip to McKenzie again.  She really loves to perform!

No comments:

Post a Comment