Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Don!

Even though his birthday is still 4 days away...we celebrated Don turning the big 3-0 this weekend!

I don't think it is any secret that I enjoy throwing get-togethers, big or small.  I also think that turning 30 is a pretty big deal!

The "theme" for this little party was EASY and I am so glad I went that route.   Ellie has been SO sick and I ended up taking off of work and just holding and snuggling with her pretty much all week long.  This party would not have happened if I had done it at our house because it was a wreck by Friday!


(Don couldn't believe I mailed out invitations...of course I did!)


  Isn't the "30 Sucks" gift so cute?  Thanks John and Tori!


The original restaurant I booked CLOSED, so I panicked and had to have it somewhere else last minute.  It wasn't my first choice, but we still had our own private room and that was all I was wanting anyway!  We kept it small, just a few close friends.  There wasn't much room for a big crowd anyway.  Thank you to everyone that came and helped!

People even brought a few gifts which was SO nice.  Thanks yall!  Rusty and Alyse gave him a cane and some Bengay for his old man aches and pains.  No joke, he uses that stuff all the time.  I even put it in his stocking last year!

Oh yeah, and it was a surprise party!  This was actually not hard to keep, either.  He was totally surprised and said he hasn't even thought about his birthday coming up this week.  Success!
I ordered a cake, balloons, and some appetizers and that was it!  Easy, easy.


Happy, Happy Birthday Donald!  We love you sooo much and hope you had a great time with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment