Sunday, January 18, 2015

Can I sum up 5 months in one post?

After a few nudges from DeDe...I am back!  Blogging is just so time consuming these days.  I am still taking pictures non-stop, but rarely sit down for long periods of time at my computer.  I am going to try and give a quick run down of our very busy fall!

Ellie and Miller are growing like crazy.  Ellie will actually be FIVE next week.  FIVE.  That just seems so old to me!  We decided about a month ago to fore-go a big birthday party and to take a family trip instead.  We leave this Friday and we are all excited!  It is no secret I do love a good party, but it has been so nice to not have to worry or stress over the planning.

We survived another football season!  Don's team actually won 3 games this year and beat 2 new teams.  We were excited with the progress and proud of the boys and the coaches.  I am always a proud wife and very thankful for such a hard working husband that pours more time and emotion into his job than most realize.  It is not always easy, but he never gives up and will do whatever he can to help each and every player.  This picture was the night we beat Gleason!  Such an exciting game!!!!

Ellie has loved Pre-K.  She is learning a lot and making us very proud with her behavior and skills. She will start taking Kindergarten assessments in the next month and we will register her for Kindergarten in March.  I am so thankful we found this sweet program for her to learn and grow!

In September Ellie competed in and WON her very first pageant.  We decided last minute to buy a dress from and friend and just give it a try.  I am in NO WAY a pageant mom nor do I plan to make this a full time hobby.  I am all for trying things as long as Ellie is up for it.  If she's not interested again, fine by me!  I also realize that she will not win them all but it was a fun day and getting a crown and a "plate" (as she called it) was just icing on the cake!
  She also started ballet at a new studio in Martin.  It worked better with our schedule to switch and although I do think she misses tap, I can tell she is really learning!


Don and I managed to make it to 3 Ole Miss games this year.  They started out hot and it was a super exciting season.  They broke our hearts a couple of times but I am so glad we've found something we both really, really love to do together.  Hotty Toddy!  Can't wait for next year!

Since Ellie won the "Little Miss Fire Prevention" pageant, that meant she was able to ride in the parade!  We borrowed this red VW bug from Don's uncle and had Karen make us some signs!  Ellie of course thought it was the grandest thing ever and we all had fun throwing candy and waving to friends and family!  While we waited to line up, Miller got a little fussy.  Come to find out, he was TIRED!  He slept throughout the entire parade.



On a random afternoon during the week, I packed the kids up and we headed off to the Pumpkin Patch.  Don has never missed a trip, but his schedule just wouldn't allow it and I was afraid if we waited much longer we'd never get to go.  This was probably the shortest pumpkin patch trip on record!  Chasing these two had me sweating but we did manage to get some cute pictures and our pumpkins for the porch.


Ellie had a PJ party at school and we sent these fun s'more treats for her classmates.
 Halloween may have been the easiest/laid back ever.  Gone are the days when I stress and stew over costumes months in advance.  Ellie wore a mermaid dress up she already had and Miller wore a monkey DeDe found on clearance months ago.  SCORE!  We had a blast making the rounds around town visiting the library, bank, church, family and friends.  A fun night for sure!



 Instead of carving a pumpkin this year, we decorated one with Mr. Potato head pirate kit.  It turned out super cute, the kids loved it, and it was much easier and less messy!
 Ellie was asked to be the "flower girl" during this years Homecoming festivities.  This was something new they started this year and she was thrilled to be asked to participate!  She and her buddy Cruze walked out onto the field and handed the Queen her crown and flowers.  They did a great job and looked so sweet doing it!

 Whew!  What a recap.  I have so much more to update.  Miller deserves a big post all his own.  I promise to try and do better!!!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment