Thursday, August 13, 2015

First day of Kindergarten

I realize I have 1,001 posts to complete (one day) but before the "new" wears off and I forget details, I have got to recap our BIG WEEK!

First of all, Miller got into Miss Penny's Playhouse!  This was a coveted spot that I had prayed for but wasn't really sure would ever come open.  If I have one complaint about Greenfield (other than restaurants, lol) it would be childcare.  We are seriously lacking in that department!  However, Miss Penny's is the best and we are so fortunate to be able to benefit from her daycare!  She only does full time spots which is wonderful, but has had me torn as well.  There are plenty of days when I am not out traveling and would be just fine to have him home with me.  I have noticed though, that I get nothing done and I have set some pretty big goals for my "work life" this year which means that I need to take advantage of the full time status and let him go every day.  Mom guilt has hit me HARD with this but thankfully he has had a wonderful week and has loved going!  We know every kid there very well...our entire church is there practically and I know this will help him be prepared for school down the road.

Secondly...Ellie had her first day of Kindergarten!  This is a day I had dreaded/looked forward to all summer.  Such a mixture of emotions as I watch her "baby days" come to an end.  No more lazy mornings, sleeping in, lunch dates and grocery trips with mom.  She is a big girl now and was SO excited to go!  Her excitement made the day so much easier, but the night before hit me hard.  It was almost as if her life was flashing before my eyes and all I could do was think back to all the things I should have enjoyed more or the times I lost my patience and should have just appreciated all the time we had together.  BUT it was time to let her fly, and fly she did!  We love her teacher Mrs. Brandy.  I know she's going to have a great year!


All ready for bed!  Such a great book to read the night before school.







So thankful Daddy is across the hall from her room and that he was able to walk her in!






She has so many sweet friends in her classs.  Another blessing we are thankful for!  When I picked her up she said "I used my pencils all day long.  School is cool!"


No comments:

Post a Comment