Thursday, October 10, 2013

4 months old...sick sick sick

I am home today with a very sick baby.  I am using this down time to hopefully get caught up on a few posts!

Only three weeks late...Miller turned 4 months old!
Sweet baby Miller, you are just too cute for words.  I kiss your big fluffy cheeks a million times a day.  Your smile makes me silly.  Your eyes are so pretty and blue.  Your thighs and rolls just might be the cutest things I have ever seen.  You are such a joy.

But I have to admit...this fourth month of your life hasn't been so easy or enjoyable in a lot of ways.  As hard as that is to admit, it is the truth.  It has been a hard month on all of us.  You have basically been miserable for weeks and I feel like we have tried it all.  At your 4 month check up, we discovered that you were wheezing which led to breathing treatments, pneumonia, and now RSV.  No wonder you were so fussy and not eating well or sleeping.  Thankfully, I feel like we might finally have a handle on it all and that you are hopefully on your way back to being my happy baby.

When you do feel well though, you smile all day long.  You still don't sleep through the night (that only happened for a few nights before your first double ear infection...sigh) but I am learning to accept that and just deal.  I was pretty  much a grumpy walking zombie for 3-4 weeks when I was traveling a lot and up all night with you.  That was not easy and at times frustrating, but I feel like I have figured a lot of things out about you through all of this illness.  If you don't eat...you have an ear infection.  You were going from NEVER finishing a single bottle all day to sucking down 7 ounces every 3-4 hours.  You had a great few nights this past weekend.  I felt like you were getting back on track with minimal fussing and great eating/sleeping.  Then on Monday night, you were up a lot.  And you weren't happy.  I knew something was up again.  We had a check up scheduled with Dr. Amy on Wednesday and she decided to test for RSV and what do you know...you tested positive.  No wonder.

I am glad we are able to take you to the doctor 7 times in one month (yes, really) and I am so thankful that we are able to provide any medication or remedy or necessity that it takes to get you better.  I am extremely grateful for family near and far that drop everything or try to help any way that they can.  I am beyond thankful for a flexible work schedule that  allows me the time to sit and hold you all day when you don't feel well.  I know I won't ever get these days back with you, as hard as they may be.

I joke and call you my "high maintenance child".  Poor thing, I know you can't help it.  I hate this for you more than you will ever know.  I promise to do my best to keep you from having to endure this ever again!


We love you sweet boy and are looking forward to many happy healthy days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment