Sunday, September 5, 2010

Great Weekend

Warning!  Long post with lots of pics!

There is something to be said about LU (currently still NAIA) playing Division II schools this season.  Many of their games are on Thursday nights, which means Don is OFF on that following Saturday!!!  We enjoyed having him home so much this weekend.  Friday night he was home in time for dinner so we ate together and I even tried to keep Ellie up so he could play with her for a little while.  He even jumped in and helped me out which I really appreciated:)  I know he has missed those diaper changes since football started!

I guess keeping her up was a bad idea because at 1 am, I was awakened to this smiley, happy baby who was ready to party in her crib!  She has been moving and rolling and turning over so much in her bed lately and I couldn't help but laugh at this when I walked in and saw her.

Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous day so we decided to go out and do something fun!  We started out with breakfast at IHOP where we ran into Don's mom, Mark and Nick!  We enjoyed seeing them and they got to see Ellie again this week which I know they were happy about.  
After breakfast, we headed to Alamo to the Tennessee Safari Park.  Apparently everyone else in West TN had the same idea (and it turned out to be half price weekend and free hot dogs and face painting...ha!) but we really enjoyed ourselves!  

Don even broke out his binoculars so he could see the animals that weren't close by.  He really had a good time!  It was crazy though...it is a drive through park and some of these animals had no fear!  We bought a bucket of feed and they came straight up to our car and even stuck their heads in!  This was the car in front of us.

It made me a little nervous, but it turned out to be fine.  I even took Ellie out of her car seat and let her ride in my lap (I know, I know--Mother of the Year).  We were riding extremely slow and I just couldn't let her miss out!  She loved looking out the window.  

Here is Don feeding every animal that walked by.  I'm telling you, he was like a kid again!  

A wild boar...

Feeding a bull!

After we finished the drive through portion, we got out to go see the giraffe and monkeys. 






 It was getting close to nap time so we headed home so Ellie could rest and so Don could work in the yard.  Mammie called shortly after we got home and wanted to see if we were home so she could visit.  She even volunteered to babysit and I did not hesitate to take her up on the offer!  Don really wanted to go watch the UT game somewhere, so we headed up to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch.  We instead ended up watching more of the Arkansas State-Auburn game because his former boss, Coach Freeze is now the OC at ASU!  It was fun watching him on TV.  It really made me miss him and his sweet family.  Thank you Mammie for watching our sweet girl and giving us a night out together!!

We went to 9:30 service this morning and Don is now back at work.  I was sad to see him go but I could not complain because we had him home more than usual.  Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my sweet little family!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment